[gdal-dev] ARCSDE

ePascoal pascoal.egeo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 08:37:49 PDT 2015

Hi  gdal-dev,

*INTRODUCTION*
i'm pretty newbie in gdal. This question follows another issue  which as to
do with " How to migrate data from ArcSDE to PostGIS?
<http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/12989/how-to-migrate-data-from-arcsde-to-postgis>
" And besides of my doubt about how to configure OGR SDE driver, i would
like to know your opinion about the process of migrate a ARCSDE database to
Postgis.

*
CONTEXT:*
So, in first place i have a Oracle 10g database with ArcSDE but
unfortunately i don't have access to SHAPELIB and other packages from ArcSDE
which would allow me to convert ESRI geom into string or another format that
PostGIS could understand as geometry type.

*SELECT* sde.ST_AsText(shape) as wkt *FROM* EXAMPLE_POLYGON_TABLE
So, this wouldn't be possible

*QUESTION*
1. Supposing that i have the following two jar files required according
geotools: *jsde_sdk.jar* and *jpe_sdk.jar*.* How can i configure this SDE
driver? *

2.After that, would be possible using gdal lib to read shape and convert
shape to wkt, so i can save this information on my postgis getting the
correct geometry?

Thanks in advance.