[gdal-dev] New OGR driver for DB2 Spatial support

David Adler dadler at adtechgeospatial.com
Mon Oct 26 10:48:47 PDT 2015

I am close to finished with this driver which was delayed significantly
getting access to a DB2 for z/OS test environment to verify that it
works across IBM DB2 platforms.

What is the proper way to handle authorship in the source code? The DB2
driver is based on the MS SQL driver with significant changes to support
the DB2 environment. Current prologues have information like:

* * Author:   Tamas Szekeres, szekerest at gmail.com
  *
  * Copyright (c) 2010, Tamas Szekeres
  * Copyright (c) 2010-2012, Even Rouault <even dot rouault at
mines-paris dot org>*

I've mostly been testing using the apps test_ogrsf, ogr2ogr and ogrinfo.

Is there any documentation on the autotest system? It was interesting to
find that there was a 2003 DB2 test driver for DB2 V7 - we are now at V10.5.

Regards,
David

On 6/12/2015 5:50 PM, Even Rouault wrote:
>>> 3. What is the plan for the transition to GDAL 2.0?  My driver was
>>> developed against GDAL 1.11.2 and parallels similar drivers for MSSQL,
>>> PostGIS, Oracle, etc.
>> Current trunk is 2.0,
> 2.1dev actually ;-)
>
>> with a release candidate out.  You may have to
>> do a little work to update the driver.
> Should be covered by https://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal/MIGRATION_GUIDE.TXT
>
>>> ---

---