[gdal-dev] GDALGrid

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 02:07:09 PDT 2015

The documentation of GDALGrid in gdal_utils.h claims it to

" Converts raster data between different formats."

Although it is the same as gdal_grid, which creates regular grid from
the scattered data, i.e., vector data source.

It seems to work, also from the bindings, if one uses a vector data
source as the source dataset. That requires using OGRDataSourceShadow in
the definition of the method in gdal.i & definition of
OGRDataSourceShadow with typedef.

I can fix the bindings but I rather not touch gdal_grid_lib.cpp - it
also has the ugly ^M since it is in DOS text format. I think its
svn:mime-type needs to be set or something.

Best,

Ari