[gdal-dev] How to deal with IIP image via WMS minidriver?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Sep 3 08:39:06 PDT 2015

Le jeudi 03 septembre 2015 17:17:58, Carlo A. Bertelli (Charta s.r.l.) a écrit
:
> Hello,
>
> is there a way -- maybe using the WMS minidriver -- to open an IIP streamed
> picture?
> The online service is well documented (
> http://iipimage.sourceforge.net/documentation/) but unfortunately it shows
> that the protocol is not at all compliant with the WMTS or TMS or
> Google/SlippyMap schemas, even if it shares some of the ideas behind them.
> There is an also an implementation of a plugin for Leaflet that could help.
> Would anyone give some advice on how to deal with this common raster map
> source for historical maps?

Carlo,

skimming quickly IIP doc, I see that the IIIF protocols could be what would be
the most suited as a minidriver of the WMS driver. However I'm not sure if you
could hijack an existing minidriver to do IIIF. I think a new development
would be needed.

Best regards,

Even