[gdal-dev] ArcSDE Direct Connect Support

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Sep 8 06:13:46 PDT 2015

Stuart,

> Has anyone managed to compile GDAL with support for ArcSDE Direct Connect
> Libraries.

The ArcSDE driver isn't really popular those days I think as I think the
ArcSDE SDK has been more or less abandonned by ESRI.

> The ArcSDE SDK includes library files for this however there
> doesn't appear to be any compile flags within GDAL. We are using
> --with-sde=/home/gdal/ArcSDE-10.2 --with-sde-version=102
>
> This however only uses the following:
> libsde.so
> libpq.so
> libpe.so

Looking at GDAL configure script, I can see indeed that libsdeXXX.so and
libpeXXX.so will be fetched (where XXX=102 in your case). It should also try
to fetch libsgXXX.so.
libpq has nothing to do: it is tied with the postgresql libs that you must
have already installed (if you do --without-pg, it shouldn't be used anymore,
but it's also fine to let it)

> We would like to compile with support for Oracle 11g the sdk includes these
> libraries: libsdeora11gsrvr102.so
> libgsrvrora11g102.so

I don't think you should try to link to those libs. They must be
implementation details of the SDE SDK.

Can't you find libsde102.so , libpe102.so and libsg102.so ? (just guessing
blindly as I've never had access to an ArcSDE SDK ;-))
Or something similar. In which case you could try to cheat and create symlinks
from the actual .so name found in the SDK to the expected names: libsde102.so
, libpe102.so and libsg102.so. Probability it works is low.

Even