[gdal-dev] gdaladdo problems with compression

Stefan Ziegler stefan.ziegler.de at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 04:38:42 PDT 2015

Thanks Even.

I was afraid that there will be no compression applied at all but this
behaviour is fine.

The geotiff where I add the overviews is the result of a gdalwarp process
(tiled, deflate, preditor=2). When I gdal_translate this geotiff with the
very same compression parameters I gain approx. 10 percent space. Sounds
this comprehensible? (I'm pretty sure there was once some discussion on the
mailing list but couldn't find anything).

regards
Stefan