[gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 1.11.3 RC1 Available for Review

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Sep 15 10:07:54 PDT 2015

Le mardi 15 septembre 2015 18:41:29, sebastic a écrit :
> On 2015-09-15 18:22, Even Rouault wrote:
> > Le mardi 15 septembre 2015 17:59:58, Jean-Claude Repetto a écrit :
> >> It seem that the patch for recent poppler versions has not been
> >> backported
> >
> > You probably mean https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/28438 ? Yep,
> > that's
> > 2.0 only. I found it a bit too invasive & risky for backport.
>
> Please be aware that Ubuntu plans to backport this change to GDAL 1.11
> anyway because they intend to include the new poppler in wily, see:
>
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdal/1.11.2+dfsg-3ubuntu1

Thanks for the info Bas

This is actually an interesting example on how distros picking up randomly
upstream patches without informing upstream can sometimes suck.

Looking more closely at the history of the PDF driver, I see that the main
changeset was followed 2 months later by a complementary fix for a crasher bug
introduced by the original changeset :
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/28956
(admitedly ugly fix if anyone looks at it)

So this change was definitely risky.

Contemplating if I should do the "official" backport of those 2 changesets to
1.11.3...

Even