[gdal-dev] Looking for gdal_merge workflow

Carl Godkin cgodkin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 09:48:43 PDT 2015

Thank you for the suggestion.  I never realized that gdalwarp was useful
for more than coordinate system transformation!

Now I'm trying to figure out the right options for this since gdalwarp's
manual page hardly mentions the mosaic operations.

Given my hi-res image with plenty of nodata and lo-res image without any
nodata, can you suggest a command line that will choose the hi-res image
where it's available and fill in the nodata regions with the lo-res image?
I've played around some with gdalwarp but haven't achieved the result I am
looking for yet.

Thanks again,

carl