[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr convert geojson to MapInfo tab

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Sep 17 08:36:57 PDT 2015

Le jeudi 17 septembre 2015 16:14:28, Maxime Demers a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I encounter a problem using ogr2ogr (from gdal 1.10) when trying to convert
> a geojson to MapInfo Tab. The output MapInfo tab does not include the
> projection wich is defined in the geojson as EPSG:3857 so srs is defined as
> WGS84 as default.
>
> I think its a known problem with MapInfo Tab (mitab driver) but I dont know
> if a solution exist. Anybody can help?

I don't think there's a solution with GDAL 1.10. But I've just committed in
trunk something that should fix that (just tested proper round trip in OGR.
didn't actually try with MapInfo)

Would you be willing to test with MapInfo the result of the conversion of your
file attached to this email and report if it works ? (by the way I add to
specify  -s_srs EPSG:3857 -t_srs EPSG:3857 as the SRS of the GeoJSON wasn't
properly encoded in it)

Even