[gdal-dev] Quick report code sprint Seoul 2015

Dmitry Baryshnikov bishop.dev at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 02:22:35 PDT 2015

Hi everybody,
I'd like to share the results of code sprint in Seoul 2015.
The main aim was to restructure the gdal sources tree to fulfil the
Cmake needs.
During the code sprint we test the git possibilities to move files
between directories. But we decide to create a python script
(https://github.com/nextgis-extra/lib_gdal/tree/master/etc/cmake-build-helpers)
to do it, as it provide us more complex logic. Also there is a csv file
with directory mapping.
Additionally the root cmakelists.txt was created.
I plan to build lightweight gdal (port and few drivers) with bindings.
At this point we can discuss if this working idea or not.
During the code sprint we clear all gdal repos and forks in our github
account.
If anybody need old cmake4gdal branch - let me know.

Best regards,
     Dmitry