[gdal-dev] PDF Image Rendering issues with Poppler

Robert Zermeno refriguy68 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 29 00:39:47 PDT 2015

 Gents,
I downloaded poppler 0.35.0 and used CMAKE to produce VS2012 solution files with freetype, jpeg, png, zip, cairo on Windows 7.  I downloaded and linked against static libraries of png, lcms2, and zlib.
I created a simple test PDF and uploaded at:    http://www.filedropper.com/littlecmslogo
If you do not trust the hosted source, all I did was took little CMS Logo from their API specifications PDF and copy/paste into a new MS Word document with a line of text above the logo.  Saved the file as a PDF.
Here are a few questions I would like to be answered:
1. Can someone explain why I cannot render this particular image?  2. What type of decoding/rendering issues am I having? 3. Did I forget to include another third-party package for poppler?  4. What are the recommended settings when building poppler for GDAL usage (i.e., what items within poppler should/requires to be enabled) ?
5. If I cannot get an answer for that, how can I look into the PDF document hex data or dictionary to see how the image was stored?

Thanks in advance,
Bob