[gdal-dev] How to deal with IIP image via WMS minidriver?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Sep 29 01:27:14 PDT 2015

Carlo,

I've just committed in GDAL trunk a IIP mini driver. Requires a IIP server
that supports the JTL extension (which was the case for the 2 online services I tested).
Online doc at http://www.gdal.org/frmt_wms.html will be refreshed in a few hours.

A few demos:

$ gdalinfo "IIP:http://merovingio.c2rmf.cnrs.fr/fcgi-bin/iipsrv.fcgi?FIF=globe.256x256.tif"
Driver: WMS/OGC Web Map Service
Files: none associated
Size is 86400, 43200
Coordinate System is `'
Image Structure Metadata:
  INTERLEAVE=PIXEL
Corner Coordinates:
Upper Left  (    0.0,    0.0)
Lower Left  (    0.0,43200.0)
Upper Right (86400.0,    0.0)
Lower Right (86400.0,43200.0)
Center      (43200.0,21600.0)
Band 1 Block=256x256 Type=Byte, ColorInterp=Red
  Overviews: 43200x21600, 21600x10800, 10800x5400, 5400x2700, 2700x1350, 1350x675, 675x337, 337x168, 168x84
Band 2 Block=256x256 Type=Byte, ColorInterp=Green
  Overviews: 43200x21600, 21600x10800, 10800x5400, 5400x2700, 2700x1350, 1350x675, 675x337, 337x168, 168x84
Band 3 Block=256x256 Type=Byte, ColorInterp=Blue
  Overviews: 43200x21600, 21600x10800, 10800x5400, 5400x2700, 2700x1350, 1350x675, 675x337, 337x168, 168x84

$ gdal_translate -of WMS  "IIP:http://merovingio.c2rmf.cnrs.fr/fcgi-bin/iipsrv.fcgi?FIF=globe.256x256.tif" globe.wms

$ cat globe.wms

<GDAL_WMS>
  <Service name="IIP">
    <ServerUrl>http://merovingio.c2rmf.cnrs.fr/fcgi-bin/iipsrv.fcgi?FIF=globe.256x256.tif</ServerUrl>
  </Service>
  <DataWindow>
    <SizeX>86400</SizeX>
    <SizeY>43200</SizeY>
    <TileLevel>9</TileLevel>
  </DataWindow>
  <BlockSizeX>256</BlockSizeX>
  <BlockSizeY>256</BlockSizeY>
  <BandsCount>3</BandsCount>
  <Cache />
</GDAL_WMS>

$ gdal_translate globe.wms out.tif -outsize 1024 0 -r bilinear

Best regards,

Even
 :