[gdal-dev] Reminder: register for FOSS4G 2016 Code Sprint Bonn August

foss4g at osgeo.org foss4g at osgeo.org
Mon Apr 4 06:13:53 PDT 2016

Hello FOSS4G 2016 code sprinters,

this is a kind reminder to come join the FOSS4G 2016 code sprint in Bonn
in August 2016. Why? Because it's gonna be awesome!

This year, once again, we are following the old tradition of hosting a
codesprint on the FOSS4G. More precisely, we offer a setting so that
individual projects can meet for their codesprint. Since projects
benefit from each other as well, the codesprint will naturally be held
conjointly at one place.

We are happy to have found a really great location for you. Codesprint
and accommodations are combined in one hall. Check out
http://www.basecamp-bonn.com/ for details about the venue. Working zones
will be created for you in the breakfast area and hallways. There’s the
option of finding relatively inexpensive sleeping accommodations in
train sleeping cars, camping buses, classic cars and more. Additionally,
an outdoor area is available for you to enjoy Bonn’s summer weather in
August, while working. Healthy and not-so-healthy catering of drinks and
snacks will be provided by us. Participation in codesprint is free of
charge. However, overnight stays will have to be reserved and paid for
by you.

We have already 30 registration for the code sprint. Already 10 projects
registered and will come together to work on their code (GRASS GIS,
QGIS, PyWPS, GIS.lab, Mapbender, MapServer, OpenLayers, EOxServer,
LASzip for LAS 1.4, GDAL).

We will provide food & fun for you.

Read more about the sprint ad please add your name to the FOSS4G 2016
Code Sprint Wiki page:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2016_Code_Sprint

We will provide an advance booking for and inform you when the booking
will start.

When:
  Part I: Sun 2016-⁠⁠⁠08-⁠⁠⁠21 12:00 noon -⁠⁠⁠ Tue 2016-⁠⁠⁠08-⁠⁠⁠23 (open
end)
  Part II: Sat 2016-⁠⁠⁠08-⁠⁠⁠27 -⁠⁠⁠ Sun 2016-⁠⁠⁠08-⁠⁠⁠28 12:00 noon

Where to sleep:

  Venue & Accommodation: BaseCamp. (For more informations:
http://www.basecamp-bonn.com/)
  Nearby Hotel: Bonnox (http://www.bonnox.de/en/)

Hope to see you at the FOSS4G 2016 Code Sprint!

The FOSS4G Code Sprint Team

See you at FOSS4G 2016 in Bonn
http://2016.foss4g.org