[gdal-dev] CADRG/CIB GDAL Example

mlegge melvin.legge at ca.thalesgroup.com
Wed Apr 6 11:48:07 PDT 2016

I have spent some time trying to find an example of how to use GDAL to open
CADRG/ADRG/CIB data.  I can find lots of information saying that GDAL
supports these formats but no example on how to achieve this in GDAL.

We have sample apps where we load other types of data by calling GDALOpen
and then using GDALWarpOperation (among other calls and they work well). For
the CADRG we pass the A.Toc file to GDALOpen, however the A.Toc does not
contain map data directly but rather a list of data subsets.  We use the
MetaData available after the call to GDALOpen to call GDALOpen again
followed by GDALWarpOperation.ChunkAndWarpImage for each of the data
subsets.  However the ChunkAndWarpImage takes an extremely long time (hours)
to complete making this approach unusable.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could point me to some sample
code or give me some pointers on how to use CADRG withing GDAL.

Note that I am pretty much a newbie to GIS but I do have access to more
experienced GIS developers.

Thanks
Mel