[gdal-dev] GDAL packaging in OSGeo4W

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 13:17:57 PDT 2016

Hi Jürgen,

Is that possible to include further plugins in the gdal-dev build?
I'm interested in adding the new ogr_MSSQLSpatial.dll plugin build as an
optional component? Though it requires the SQL Server native client 11
driver installed on the build machine. I could add this package manually,
but I'm not sure if that satisfies with the intent that these are nightly
build packages. Since this plugin depends on sqlncli11.dll the package
description should mention the requirement to install the SQL Server native
client 11 driver as a prerequisite.

in nmake.opt the followings should be enabled when compiling the plugin:
SQLNCLI_VERSION = 11
SQLNCLI_DIR = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL
Server\$(SQLNCLI_VERSION)0\SDK
SQLNCLI_LIB = "$(SQLNCLI_DIR)\Lib\x86\sqlncli$(SQLNCLI_VERSION).lib"
SQLNCLI_INCLUDE = "-I$(SQLNCLI_DIR)\Include"
-DSQLNCLI_VERSION=$(SQLNCLI_VERSION) -DMSSQL_BCP_SUPPORTED=1

Thanks,

Tamas