[gdal-dev] GDAL packaging in OSGeo4W

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Apr 8 12:48:29 PDT 2016

Le mercredi 06 avril 2016 18:37:27, Jürgen E. Fischer a écrit :
> Hi Even,
>
> On Mon, 22. Feb 2016 at 12:15:31 +0100, Even Rouault wrote:
> > Could be cool to have -dev versions packaged from time to time (or
> > potentially nightly builds), as well as a few drivers available as
> > plugins (PDF driver, MongoDB one)
>
> There's a nighly build of GDAL in OSGeo4W now.   Invoke gdal-dev-env from
> the osgeo4w shell to setup it's paths.

Jürgen,

I just tried it. Just a tiny fix needed in gdal-dev-env.bat to make it point to the appropriate Python bindings with :

SET PYTHONPATH=%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\gdal-dev\pymod\Lib\site-packages;%PYTHONPATH%

From package.cmd top comment, I also suspect that the FileGDB SDK shipped is 1.3. I'd suggest using 1.4, that has
a few interesting fixes : supporting layers with (not so) "exotic" projections, and a fix needed to
be able to write M values.

Minor: gdal-dev-2.1-1.txt isn't up-to-date with the most recent version of LICENSE.TXT.

Even