[gdal-dev] OGR_L_SetAttributeFilter

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Apr 28 19:21:19 PDT 2016

http://www.gdal.org/ogr__api_8h.html#a4000d426bf26ad7cc7d4012634c93f09

So, the reference to valid attribute filters points to

http://ogdi.sourceforge.net/prop/6.2.CapabilitiesMetadata.html

And there it says that

@field_name@ = @string_token@

and that

"The @string_token@ starts with a character in a-z,A-Z and is followed
by any number of characters in the set a-z,A-Z,0-9 and underscore."

Now, OGR layer names can be quite a bit more complicated than that,
coming as they do from crazy data sources like FGDB, or even shape
file! So 'b-rthday' is a perfectly legal shape file attribute name, as
is 'Field Survey' from FGDB.

How do we address those column names?

I'm working in the FDW space, and have a mapping between PgSQL column
names (simple, not unlike the rule from the referenced document) to
OGR column names (crazy shit potentially). I figured I'd just re-write
the SQL to use the OGR names, and then boom, things would work, but it
turns out that OGR doesn't want to accept filters using the very
column names OGR has inside... so... what should we feed it?