[gdal-dev] Question on GDAL using libjpegturbo.

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Aug 1 08:04:59 PDT 2016

Daniele,

There's generally nothing particular to do to make GDAL run against libjpeg-
turbo. libjpeg-turbo has been the default libjpeg on Ubuntu since a long time.
Not sure about CentOS. libjpeg-turbo can be built to be compatible with IJG
libjpeg ABI, 6b or 7 if I remember well (this is a ./configure switch of
libjpeg-turbo). So if your GDAL is built against standard libjpeg, you need to
make sure to build libjpeg-turbo with the same ABI as the standard libjpeg.
Otherwise you'd need to rebuild GDAL against libjpeg-turbo. You can do that
with ./configure --with-jpeg=/path/to/install/prefix/of/libjpeg-turbo

Even