[gdal-dev] compile error on windows

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Aug 2 05:06:22 PDT 2016

For the longest time MS4W did leverage the static lib for HDF5, so the
switch of -D_HDF5USEDLL was required in GDAL.  If you compile HDF5
dynamically you will require the -DH5_BUILT_AS_DYNAMIC_LIB switch.  This
is described at https://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/release/obtain5.html
Please please if this is still confusing, take a moment and edit that
GDAL BuildHints page, to make this more understandable for everyone:
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/HDF

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna