[gdal-dev] Help regarding DXF format interpretation

Avyav Kumar avyavkumar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 09:48:08 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I am a student who is participating under the GSoC program, and I need the
help of the community! https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/6246 contains an
issue that I aim to resolve. However, reading the DXF format is a
difficulty (for me). I don't understand how the indexing corresponding to
codes 71, 72 etc. works for each vertex instance.
If a vertex contains the index X (for instance) under code 71, does it mean
that the said vertex is part of the POLYLINE corresponding to the index X
(in short, all the vertices of index X under code 71 are part of the same
POLYLINE)? Or have I misinterpreted the reading?

If anyone has correct answers/documentation, I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks!

Regards,

Avyav