[gdal-dev] Memory increase in postgis raster driver

jramm jamessramm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 06:49:55 PDT 2016

Hi
We have been looking into this problem some more.

So it seems we can reproduce this by using postgis raster tiles of 100 x
100.
raster2pgsql cmd was:
raster2pgsql bigtiff.tif -C -r -s 27700 -t 100x100 -P -I -M -Y
<schema.tablename> | psql <connection details>

The effect seems more pronounced using GDAL 2.2 (trunk) vs GDAL 2.1

With a tilesize of 256*256 it is fine.

This is a very large tif btw; ~150000 x 200000 pixels