[gdal-dev] No way to set natural block size ?

BRUNEL Samuel samuel.brunel at thalesgroup.com
Thu Aug 25 00:05:40 PDT 2016

Even Rouault a écrit :

On Wednesday 24 August 2016 15:09:15 BRUNEL Samuel wrote:
> OK, It's only possible to  set "natural" block size with options of
> GDALDataset::AddBand() if the driver supports "natural" block size, like
> "GTiff" driver.

There are actualy very vew drivers that actually support the AddBand() method
(that is adding a new band to an existing dataset). And GTiff doesn't support
it. In the GeoTIFF case, you can actually specify the block size at Create()
or CreateCopy() time with TILED=YES/NO and BLOCKXSIZE/BLOCKYSIZE creation
options.

OK, Thank you.

> Thank you very much,
>
> Samuel
>

> Tim Keitt a écrit :
> It is set at the time of dataset creation and cannot be changed without
> creating a new dataset. Check which drivers allow you to set a tiled layout
> on disk.

> THK
>
> http://www.keittlab.org/
>
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 6:44 AM, BRUNEL Samuel
> <samuel.brunel at thalesgroup.com<mailto:samuel.brunel at thalesgroup.com><mailto:samuel.brunel at thalesgroup.com>>
 Hi,