[gdal-dev] Fwd: [TC-Announce] Request for early implementations - GeoPackage 1.0

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Tue Aug 30 04:33:56 PDT 2016

I did some tests, and it looks like we'll need some code changes to pass.

There is a trivial schema fix for timestamps ('now' instead of
CURRENT_TIMESTAMP).

There is a more complicated fix needed for
Requirement 45 which says:
    The width of a tile matrix (the difference between min_x and max_x in
gpkg_tile_matrix_set) SHALL equal the product of matrix_width, tile_width, and
pixel_x_size for that zoom level. Similarly, height of a tile matrix (the
difference between min_y and max_y in gpkg_tile_matrix_set) SHALL equal the
product of matrix_height, tile_height, and pixel_y_size for that zoom level.

That isn't true if we are doing something that doesn't fill the entire matrix
(e.g. we only need 20 blocks instead of 32 at zoom level 5. Still trying to
find a fix that works cleanly in a non-power of 2 matrix.

Brad