[gdal-dev] FileGDB: subtypes

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 04:17:00 PST 2016

Hi,

I am interested how FileGDB subtypes work in GDAL (GDAL should support
them since version 2.0). I have feature class `Silnice` (roads) with
attribute `typ` (type). This attribute is connected with subtype
road_type (1 - highway, 2 - speed road, 3 - ...). ogrinfo detects this
attribute as an integer, eg.

$ ogrinfo Repository/ArcCR500/ArcCR500_v32.gdb Silnice -fid 36843
Had to open data source read-only.
INFO: Open of `Repository/ArcCR500/ArcCR500_v32.gdb'
      using driver `OpenFileGDB' successful.
OGRFeature(Silnice):36843
  TRIDA (Integer) = 1
  CISLO_SILNICE (String) = 185

Is it possible to change this behaviour in the sense of preferring
subtype description, something like:

OGRFeature(Silnice):36843
  TRIDA (String) = 'highway'
  CISLO_SILNICE (String) = 185

or

OGRFeature(Silnice):36843
  TRIDA (Integer) = 1
  TRIDA_DESC (String) = 'highway'
  CISLO_SILNICE (String) = 185

?

Is there any difference between OpenFileGDB and FileGDB drivers?

Thanks! Martin

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa