[gdal-dev] Call for discussion about RFC 61: Support for measures in geometries

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Feb 3 06:55:49 PST 2016

> Hm. It is installed. Then by definition it is not internal. If it is
> changed, doesn't it make the shared object binary incompatible?

As in almost every non bug-fix release, the ABI will be broken anyway. In
particular because of the changes in OGRGeometry class (and probably other
changes)

> (I see
> it doesn't have CPL_DLL) I don't think there is a ogr_internal.h, maybe
> there should be and move this function there?

From the header
""" * Purpose:  Some private helper functions and stuff for OGR
implementation."""

(and the _p suffix meaning protected/private)

And as you noticed this symbol is not exported, so it can only be used by in-
tree code.

The header might be installed for some external plugins that could use CPL_DLL
symbols I guess.