[gdal-dev] Vector Tiles in OGR

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 09:52:37 PST 2016

Blake,

Sorry for iterating: I checked the spec. and analyzed a sample of
Mapbox vector tiles:
The spec. does not mention null tiles but there are tiles generated by
Mapbox which are empty/null (to save space).
I seems to me that Mapbox GL JS then backs up and takes the data from
a tile at a predefined "upper" zoom level.
Can elaborate on this?

:Stefan