[gdal-dev] convert shapefile from California State Plane to EPSG:4326

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 03:55:34 PST 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to convert LA City building data from State Plane to EPSG:4326.
I converted the data using ogr2ogr.  Visually inspecting using Bing
imagery, I'm seeing an offset.

Details of SRS info and sample images here:
https://gist.github.com/maning/093a866fd465ea880032

It is possible that Bing has the offset, but the source of Bing comes
from LARIAC (Los Angeles Region Imagery Acquisition Consortium)
imagery, the same source as the building footprints were traced.

Any hints on the "proper" conversion from State Plane to EPSG:4326.

--
cheers,
maning