[gdal-dev] RFC 61: Call for vote on adoption

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Feb 9 01:17:54 PST 2016

Le mardi 09 février 2016 09:18:00, Ari Jolma a écrit :
> Thanks,
>
> We now have +1 from Even, Tamas, Jukka and Daniel. Is that formally enough?

Yes. at least 2 business days, 2 +1 votes and no -1.

> I have a small change to the draft. I now think that the coordinate
> flags should be managed/queried solely through Is3D(), IsMeasured()
> (which are standard) and set3D(boolean) and setMeasured(boolean), (which
> are extensions to the SF specification). I.e., the getFlags() and
> setFlags(int) should be removed. The reason is that there is one flag,
> which is used only for points, and thus the API can be easily misused.

Sounds good. I had a bit that feeling too when looking at the code but didn't
dive enough into the implementation to have a strong opinion on it.

> Similarly the bit #defines for the coordinate flags sh/could be private.
> In practice that means to move them to ogr_p.h.
>
> Even, there are strange errors in the ogr_pg.py tests.
>
> https://s3.amazonaws.com/archive.travis-ci.org/jobs/107782519/log.txt
>
> Test 24 fails because the layer is NoneType, i.e., it does not open the
> datatypetest table. However, if I run the tests up to 24 but quit before
> it, the table exists and seems to be ok.

Tests are not independant from each other, so I suspect the failure in
ogr_pg_21 might let a (implicit) transaction non committed. Thus ogr_pg_24
which opens a new connection doesn't see the table created before. Whereas if
you quit, the transaction will be committed.

> I had similar problems with the
> shape driver - temporary datasets disappearing midtests. Any idea what's
> the reason?

This cannot be due to transactions here, but here too steps may have
dependencies.