[gdal-dev] shp to raster

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Tue Feb 9 04:05:56 PST 2016

Paulo Pires <paulopires16 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello
>
> I try to use: gdal_rasterize -a xxx -burn 255 -burn 0 -ts 3000 3000 -l xxx
> aaa.shp bbb.tif for create raster from line shapefile but the output is a
> black raster...
>
> Something is wrong on my command line?

Hi,

I suppose that the command is planned to take the burn value either from an
attribute with -a or from user given values with -burn. Your command has -a
and two -burn parameters. You do not have -b parameters for defining the
bands. I recommend to read http://www.gdal.org/gdal_rasterize.html again and
test with the first example command. Once you see that it works change the
parameters one by one to fine tune the result.

-Jukka Rahkonen-