[gdal-dev] RFC 61: Call for vote on adoption

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Feb 12 02:43:18 PST 2016

Le vendredi 12 février 2016 11:26:46, Ari Jolma a écrit :
> I've fixed this so that currently all tests pass (at least locally).
>
> Now Shapefiles, which are created XY come back as XY, XYM as XYM, XYZ as
> XYZ, and XYZM as XYZM. Also one should be able to set the required
> coordinate combination using parameters - that's not comprehensively
> tested however.

Great

> There are still a couple of fixme's in the code (shape2ogr.cpp), writing
> a shape should take into account the requested coordinate combination
> and whether to skip Ms or write them as "no data" (value < 1038
> according to the doc).

-10^38

> I changed the code for OGRFeature::SetGeomFieldDirectly to set or unset
> the geometry M or Z coordinates depending on the geometry field type of
> the feature. That's somewhat bold but the way I did it at least did not
> break anything in the tests.

Agreed it is a non trivial change. But it does break things. Crashes in the
CSW driver for example :
https://travis-ci.org/rouault/gdal_coverage/builds/108752731 .
And other non crashing failures.
Perhaps do this dimension harmonization not in SetGeomFieldDirectly() but in a
helper function and call it in the shapefile driver if you need it ?
We could also try to fix drivers/tests, but there may be cases where drivers
cannot declare a consistant coordinate dimensionnality because they have a mix
of {Geom} and {Geom}Z features