[gdal-dev] osmconf.ini

Frank Broniewski frank.broniewski at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 02:50:29 PST 2016

Hi,

I am having some trouble understanding, when - or how - multilinestrings
are imported into PostGIS. I am interested in hiking routes from
OpenStreetMap and I try to figure out how I can load them correctly into
PostGIS. The corresponding OSM Wiki page would be this:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Hiking ,especially the part called
"Tagging walking and hiking Route Networks". There should be more hiking
routes as relations in my test region e.g.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/2827792 is missing. It is not quite
clear to my how ogr2ogr decides what kind of data is put into which table.

So, what do I have to do to import this relation into the multilinestrings
table? Please find my osmconf.ini attached to this email for further
reference.

BTW, this is with GDAL 1.11.3, released 2015/09/16, on Windows 10 provided
by OSGeo4W.

Many thanks,

Frank