[gdal-dev] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] [@Mentors: Action required] GSoC 2016 Ideas page

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Feb 19 06:50:55 PST 2016

On 2016-02-19 9:12 AM, Even Rouault wrote:
> Le vendredi 19 février 2016 15:01:05, Daniel Morissette a écrit :
>>
>> I've added my own wish: M support in GPX driver and other formats which
>> support M dimension.
>
> Hi Daniel,
>
> That's actually a topic I wanted to address partly for the code sprint :
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Paris_Code_Sprint_2016_:_GDAL_Agenda

Ha! I wasn't aware of that. That's even better. :-)

> For GPX, I guess M would hold the time information ? Presumably as a unix time
> since we are bound to double values.

Um... you're right, good point. I didn't think of the fact that the M
was stored in a float. I guess using unix time it will have to be. Let's
talk about that at the code sprint next week.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/

http://evouala.com/ - Location Intelligence Made Easy