[gdal-dev] gdalbuildvrt & gdal2tiles.py with GeoTIFF across anti-meridian...

Jan Knepper jan at knepper.net
Tue Jan 5 07:20:08 PST 2016

All,

Running across (an) other issue(s)...

I was able to gdalwarp a .tif overlapping the anti-meridian with
--config CENTER_LONG 180

Next step was to use gdalbuildvrt to build a .vrt file in preparation
for tiling with gdal2tiles.py.
When trying that this message displays:
Warning 6: gdalbuildvrt does not support heterogenous projection.
Skipping ...
And the skipped file is not included in the .vrt file.

I tried using the --config CENTER_LONG 180 with gdalbuildvrt which gives
the same result.

Then I tried:
gdalbuildvrt --config CENTER_LONG 180 -allow_projection_difference ...

This does NOT give the previous message, but after running gdal2tiles.py
on the .vrt the tiles that should have been generated from the .tif file
in question appear to be missing...
Any thing specific I should do to make this work?

Something else I noticed is that it seems to be important in what order
.tif files are submitted to gdalbuildvrt. Many if not all the .tif(s)
used have an Alpha Channel for transparency because they are 'cut' from
a .tif. What I see happening is that the transparent part of a /later/
.tif wipes the non-transparent parts of /earlier/ .tif(s) it overlaps.
Is there an easy solution for this?

GDAL 1.11.2, released 2015/02/10

Any help/assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Jan