[gdal-dev] [conference] Submit your speaker proposal to FOSS4G-NA in Raleigh this May

Sarah Cordivano scordivano at azavea.com
Mon Jan 25 13:11:47 PST 2016

Hi GDAL folks,

I’m writing to encourage you to consider a proposal submission to the Free
and Open Source for GeoSpatial North America Conference in Raleigh, NC this
May <https://2016.foss4g-na.org/>.

My colleague Rob Emanuele (GeoTrellis <http://geotrellis.io/>) and myself
are very proud to be involved in the organization of this conference. Rob
will be serving as Program Chair again this year and I will be serving as
the Committee Chair. You can meet the rest of the organizing team here
<https://2016.foss4g-na.org/community/about-organizing-committee>. If
you’ve never been to a FOSS4G <https://2016.foss4g-na.org/> conference,
they are a fun and informative gathering of the smart and dedicated people
that make up the FOSS4G community.  Everyone is welcome!

This is truly a hands-on, collaborative conference and we want to invite
you to share your knowledge and talent by submitting a proposal for the
conference <https://2016.foss4g-na.org/>! We’d like to extend a special
invitation to traditionally underrepresented groups in open source
geospatial to submit a proposal. We are looking to build a great program
that reflects all of the brilliant people and work that make up our
community, but that can only happen if you submit your proposals! The
success of the conference is directly dependent on the quality and
diversity of the submissions, so please help us make FOSS4G NA 2016 the
best possible conference it can be.

In the Call For Proposals <https://2016.foss4g-na.org/cfp>, we have laid
out our topics of interest, but if you have something great to talk about
that doesn’t fit to that mold, please still submit!

Conference presenters receive free registration and we also have a scholarship
program <https://2016.foss4g-na.org/scholarships>.

The deadline for proposals is February 8th.  Hope to see you in Raleigh!
Sarah
--
Sarah Cordivano
Project Manager, Data Analytics

Azavea |  340 N 12th St, Ste 402, Philadelphia, PA
scordivano at azavea.com
Web analytics.azavea.com  |  Blog azavea.co <http://www.azavea.com/Blogs>
m/bl <http://www.azavea.com/Blogs>ogs <http://www.azavea.com/Blogs>  |
Twitter @azavea <http://twitter.com/azavea>

*-----*

*We'll be moving on March 1, 2016. Please update your records with our new
address:990 Spring Garden Street, 5th FloorPhiladelphia, PA 19123----*