[gdal-dev] Maximum geometry size for JML driver

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Jan 27 12:36:19 PST 2016

Le mercredi 27 janvier 2016 21:20:13, Jukka Rahkonen a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I couldn't convert a dataset into JML format but got a message:
>
> "Too much data inside one element. File probably corrupted". Message seems
> to come from line 486 in
> https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/gdal/ogr/
> ogrsf_frmts/jml/ogrjmllayer.cpp.
>
> My geometry is indeed quite big multipolygon with 185690 vertices and 9998
> holes but it is a valid one and I can convert it into other formats with
> GDAL if I start from shapefile.
>
> I wonder what is the maximum amount of data inside an element and if the
> limit could be rised with some option.

Hi Jukka,

could you provide the file or the source file used to generate it ? In theory,
the driver should be able to process any valid file. The checks are meant to
detect things like <veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery_loooooooong_tag_name>
that could result in denial of service, but there must be something wrong. And
you don't get that with GML where there are similar checks ?

Even