[gdal-dev] Does "OGR_STYLE from rivers" mean it will read rivers.ofs ?

積丹尼 Dan Jacobson jidanni at jidanni.org
Sat Jul 2 07:42:26 PDT 2016

http://www.gdal.org/ogr_feature_style.html says

    Here is what one of those .OFS files could look like:

    OFS-Version: 1.0
    StyleField: "style"

    DefaultStyle: PEN(C:#000000FF)
    road:      PEN(c:#FF0000,w:5px)
    lake:      BRUSH(fc:#0000FF);PEN(c:#000000)
    campsite:  SYMBOL(c:#00FF00,id:"points.sym-45,ogr-sym-7")
    label:     LABEL(f:"Times New Roman",s:12pt,t:{text_string})

Where do we save this file to? rivers.ofs ?

     2.9 Using OGR SQL to transfer the style between the data sources

     We can use the OGR_STYLE special field to extract the feature level
     style, and ogr2ogr can be used to transfer the style string between the
     data sources according to the following example:

     ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" -sql "select *, OGR_STYLE from rivers" rivers.shp rivers.tab

Does "OGR_STYLE from rivers" mean it will read rivers.ofs ?