[gdal-dev] Raster from temporary tiles

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Jul 19 23:04:23 PDT 2016

Hi Matthias,

The GPKG driver is a full-blown raster driver with similar capabilites to the
GeoTIFF one. That is you can use GDALCreate() to initialize an empty raster
and then write arbitrary portions of it with GDALRasterIO(, ..., GF_Write,
...).
You can also initialize empty overviews with GDALBuildOverviews( ..., "NONE",
... ) and write arbitrary raster content in them with GDALRasterIO() on the
overview bands.

Even