[gdal-dev] gdal_translate with -projwin possible bug

Rutger kassies at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 23:37:47 PDT 2016

Hey Lauren,

I can replicate this with my Win64 installation of 2.1 (the conda-forge
build).

Thanks for the heads up, i also do this all the time. Not having to
calculate the exact extent was one of the benefits of using projwin. The
current behavior could probably also be achieved with gdal_warp and
nn-resampling for example, so at least for me its also an unwelcome change.

The srcwin option probably still leaves the pixel placement untouched, but
that would often require an additional conversion to pixel coordinates.

I think this also impact's the 'clipper' in QGIS, since the latest (2.16)
also ships with GDAL 2.1.

Regards,
Rutger