[gdal-dev] OGR - S57 - geometry extraction issue

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Jul 27 10:04:37 PDT 2016

David,

As far as I can see from s57objectclasses.csv, POSACC and QUAPOS are not
attributes of the COALNE class, but only from the M_ACCY (Accuracy of data)
and M_QUAL (Quality of data) for POSACC, and M_SREL (Survey reliability) for
QUAPOS.

You might probably retrieve those attributes by identifying features of COALNE
and M_ACCY/M_QUAL/M_SREL that share the same geometry primitives with the
NAME_RCNM and NAME_RCID attributes added with RETURN_LINKAGES=ON. Or perhaps
an easier way would be by layer algebra computation to find which features of
COALNE are inside features of M_ACCY/M_QUAL/M_SREL. Probably with the Identify
method.

See
http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/workshop/foss4ge2015/workshop_gdal.html#__RefHeading__6015_1333016408

By the way, when testing, I identified a regression in 2.1.1 where the open
options of the S57 driver were ignored, that I just fixed per :
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/6609

Even