[gdal-dev] Read data without reading 'null data'

jramm jamessramm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 02:00:03 PDT 2016

Hi
I am having a few problems with using this (via python).

I have a test dataset with a 16 x 16 blocksize. In the below examples, bnd =
ds.GetRasterBand(1)

First, I try getting the blocksizes using the metadata:

This gives:

None of the first 10 blocks are empty - this is strange as it is a
handwritten dataset and i made sure there were some empty blocks.

So, I try reading each block and then getting the number of elements that
are not equal to the no data value, using numpy:

This gives:

blocks 9 and 10 are empty, furthermore, the non empty sizes are completely
different...what size is the metadata reporting here?
Am I calculating offsets wrong?
Even if that is the case, a full block should never be larger than 256.
returns