[gdal-dev] GSoC GDAL DWG Support [Week 4]

Борзых Александр Андреевич 191980 at niuitmo.ru
Sun Jun 19 04:07:47 PDT 2016

Last week I had a lot of university studies, and have not achieved one task (polylines support in driver) - I am taking it for next week, sorry about that.

Also, I would like to know which DWG file things would devs like to see in Feature attributes fields? Now it contains Thickness, Color (RGB), CADGeometryType, ExtendedEntityData (not supported by library yet).

Blogpost is here<http://gsoc2016gdaldwg.blogspot.ru/2016/06/week-4-report.html>.

1. This week I've done:

Libopencad is extended with:

- 2 new geometry types: ATTDEF and ATTRIB.

- Color is now a geometry attribute, so, it can be got by calling CADGeometry->getColor() (returns RGBColor struct).

- Libopencad docs prototype can be seen there<http://sandyre.github.io/libopencad/docs/html/index.html> (a lot of things are missed).

OGR CAD Driver extended with:

- All libopencad's file I/O was rewritten using VSIF.

- Arc, Face3D geometries.

- Now geometry color is attribute (given as IntegerList in RGB format).

2. Plan on doing next week:

Previous week tasks: add Polyline3D, LWPolyline, Ellipse support to CAD Driver.

Add hatch geometry to libopencad. Implement dimensions library output representation. Start working on R13-R14 DWG support.

3. Blocking:

None.

Links:

libopencad github<https://github.com/sandyre/libopencad>