[gdal-dev] GSOC 2016

sarthak agarwal sarthak0415 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 13:10:27 PST 2016

Thank you for your reply Dmitry,

Yesterday I was working on ticket 6294
<https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/6294> but since you said it was
controversial I started to look around at ticket 6316
<https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/6316>,

I figured out that we have to add a else statement after this code
<https://github.com/sarthak-0415/gdal/blob/trunk/gdal/frmts/postgisraster/postgisrasterdataset.cpp>
to give a default value to the ppszDbname in case user dosen’t provide any
database name by default.

And I suggest this small enhancement
<https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/commit/e7b2e9e9cd946d257cae5dfd196b4786cc2c0e94>
to the code.
Although I am not sure of this line
<https://github.com/sarthak-0415/gdal/blob/trunk/gdal/frmts/postgisraster/postgisrasterdataset.cpp#L2642>
where I want to copy the userName into dbName.

This is a small fix and I wanted to discuss further on it.

I have succesfully build the code on travis
<https://travis-ci.org/sarthak-0415/gdal/builds/115574203>, please check it
once.

I have some doubts regarding some variables and functions for which I am
still reading the code.
I will get back to you if I have some more doubts.

Regards,
Sarthak

Hello GSoC students!