[gdal-dev] Coordinate system transfromations in dxf driver

Pero Brbora pero.brbora at stud.unidu.hr
Tue Mar 22 16:02:46 PDT 2016

> Are there other entites you identified to be incorrectly handled ?

It depends which revision of dxf reference you read. If you're
refering to R2000 (AutoCAD 2000 which ogr supports for writing) POINT
and LINE entity can safely be removed from coordinate transformations.

POINT:
100 Subclass marker (AcDbPoint)
10 Point location (in WCS) DXF: X value; APP: 3D point
20, 30 DXF: Y and Z values of point location (in WCS)

LINE:
100 Subclass marker (AcDbLine)
10 Start point (in WCS) DXF: X value; APP: 3D point
20, 30 DXF: Y and Z values of start point (in WCS)
11 End point (in WCS) DXF: X value; APP: 3D point
21, 31 DXF: Y and Z values of end point (in WCS)

Point and line entities were always considered 3D entities in AutoCAD
(from R10 of dxf reference). Other entities I will have to investigate
further.

One question: What is the logic behind flattening circle, arc and
ellipse entities?

>> RTFM, bye
>
> Not the most friendly way to say good bye IMHO...
My apologies to all who read my previous post. That last line was
meant mainly for me as I spent few hours reading unhelpful stuff
instead of dxf reference. I understand that it was a wrong place for it.

Bye