[gdal-dev] does vsicurl support reading multiple byte ranges with a single HTTP request?

Vish Uma viswaug at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 12:11:43 PDT 2016

I am using vsicurl to read a given extent of values from a GeoTIFF file over HTTP. I found that the library is making multiple requests with different range headers(8 requests in my case) to read all of the data that is needed. Does VSICURL support reading these bytes ranges in a single request by specifying the range as "Range: bytes=100-200, 300-400". This entry in the 1.9 release notes seems to suggest it is possible "VSI*L: Add ReadMultiRange?() virtual method to read several ranges of data in single call; add an optimized implementation for /vsicurl/" (https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/Release/1.9.0-News) but it is not what I am observing.
Thank You,Vish