[gdal-dev] S57 conversion

Giorgio Ghiggini gghiggini at gec-it.com
Thu Mar 24 08:38:49 PDT 2016

Hello,

I am trying to use the ogr2ogr to convert an S57 file (IENC) to a different
format but I am having several problems.

I tried converting to ESRI Shapefile but the object with code 17004 (dismar)
is not converted.

I tried then converting to SQlite and the 17004 is converted as generic, but
not all its attributes are converted.

I checked into the "gdal_data" folder and found several csv files to manage
various S57 objects/attributes catalogs.

I see also the IW (Inland water) is present and it seems correct, including
all my object and attribute codes.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks for your help,

Best regards.