[gdal-dev] IReadBlock fails on alpha band, GDAL 2

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon May 2 04:56:39 PDT 2016

> Are there any other problems that you anticipate with using this
> configuration? I see RGBA JPEG-in-TIFF quite often...

I'd expect libtiff based software to generally work fine with that (with the
exception of this bug of course, which is a rather convoluted way of using
libtiff and the JPEG driver)

I see that support in libtiff to generate such images is relatively "recent" (4
years ago) : https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4732