[gdal-dev] compile error on windows

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Tue May 3 08:59:40 PDT 2016

an see thers)

> I'm working on a new build for the MS4W community with the new 2015
> compiler, which seems to work better managing these 4 libraries (huge
> knock on wood!).
>>
>> In terms of building HDF5, one of the important notes is during cmake
>> be sure to set "-DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL:ON"  I'm not sure if that
>> helps you case or not.
>>
>> All this to say, you're not alone in this battle!
>>
>> -jeff

Jeff

I can contribute to this effort (already built a couple of GDAL
dependencies: HDFs, netCDF and others) but there is one capcha, and that
is really an head tearing for me but I insist on it. All my builds have
renamed DLLs. That is, I don't want version numbers in it (no
gdal2.0.1.dll) and 32 & 64 bits are encoded in name as well. For example
gdal will be: gdal_w32.dll & gdal_w64.dll
Don't know if this condition is too restrictive for you.

Joaquim