[gdal-dev] GDAL 2.1 and Norwegian SOSI

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Tue May 3 12:06:14 PDT 2016

Dear GDAL-devs,

I just tried to open a Norwegian SOSI file with ogrinfo from GDAL 2.1dev but get:
FAILURE:
Unable to open datasource `./ADM_kommune_2018_Masoy.sos' with the following drivers.

'ogrinfo --formats' does not list the SOSI driver either. But I am sure I did compile with '--with-sosi' and gdal-config --dep-libs lists the openfyba libs used for the driver.

So my question is,: were there any changes from 1.11 to 2.x which may affect the driver? Any chance someone will make that working again?
Unfortunately our mapping authority does not seem to be maintaining the OpenFYBA lib any more (SOSI version 4.5 not yet supported), so I can understand if you are not too keen on fixing the issue (if it is not local).

Thanks for any help.

Kind regards,
Stefan