[gdal-dev] More simplification algorithms

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri May 6 03:45:03 PDT 2016

Le vendredi 06 mai 2016 12:06:28, Jukka Rahkonen a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I noticed this question in gis.stackexchange
> http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/192547/generalization-algorithms and
> the answer lead to this this "psimpl" library
> http://psimpl.sourceforge.net/. The library is MPL 1.1 licensed. Is the
> license suitable for GDAL

From a quick look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_Public_License, it
is close to LGPL in spirit, so it cannot be a compulsory dependency of GDAL.
Apparently there would be some incompatibility with the GPL (
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#MPL ) which is more annoying.

Looking at the description of the algorithms, there could also probably be re-
implemented with modest effort.
Perhaps GEOS would be a better host for such algorithms as it has already
Douglas Peucker