[gdal-dev] minor request re: release notes

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri May 6 08:32:25 PDT 2016

Le vendredi 06 mai 2016 17:25:44, Jeff McKenna a écrit :
> On 2016-05-06 12:17 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > For future release notes, can we include the release date at the top of
> > the page?

Sure.

Not sure if that should be the date returned by gdalinfo --version, or the day
the annoucement is made (which can be several days later after the voting
process and finalization/annoucement of the release).
The wiki news page is mostly the result of a copy&paste of the SVN page (+
some minor formatting when the release manager has enough energy left to add
some hyperlinks), so adding/updating the day in the NEWS in SVN could be done
just before creating the tag, and then the wiki page would inherit from that.

> I've also added the wiki macro "[[PageOutline]]" to the page, so a fancy
> table of contents appears magically.
>
> Anyway maybe this is noise and only I care how it looks :)

That might indeed help to digest ~ 700 lines of content.